Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Sweet music to my ears...

most people take the gift of hearing for granted...as someone who is hearing impaired music is a huge passion to me. I like the country kind and worship kind...   Lately I haven't been able to hear very well, they say after 5 years hearing aides start to die out. I'm getting that affect :(  Have no fear! I can still hear some and I'm a skilled lip-reader ;)   the past two days during my commute to work which is about 45 + minutes I heard the exact same song playing twice, clearly, not every word but the chorus and tune is sweet to my soul.  I heard it again tonight while leaving Panera Bread from my bible study group.  The song gets me every time, I cried in the beginning, but happy tears because I know deep in the little heart of mine Jesus makes my life complete. Now I smile. 


"cause what if your blessings come through raindrops what if your healing comes through tears what if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near what if my greatest disappointments or the aching of this life is the reveling of a greater thirst this world can't satisfy what if the trials of this life the rain the storms the hardest nights are Your mercies in disguise" ~ Laura Story 


It warms my heart and I feel blessed to hear just a glimpse of that song but reading the lyrics the words couldn't be more truer.  Life, we can all agree is complicated, but if we take the good with the bad and smile with the sad and thank Jesus for the pain we had  we know we're more than conquerors!


What songs or Voice are you listening to?  

No comments:

Post a Comment