Thursday, June 2, 2011

Summer Fun

okay so technically it's not summer yet but it FEELS like summer...tonight I got to hang out with the sweetest girl, we did some girl talk, had snow-balls, and watched a movie: The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader.  If you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend to check it out!  During the movie I was smiling the entire time okay maybe not the entire time but it was good! One quote from that movie hit me and really made me think back to the time my anxiety was so bad and now looking back I can say it's been a blessing! I'm so blessed not to have physical spasms anymore. I have anxiety now and then but it's not as bad as it was before. I've learned that anxiety is like fear. It's been said that "You can run but you can't hide." True that! Now that I really think about it, maybe I've been running, running for so long because I'm afraid to face what lies ahead. It's that time now where I stop running. I'm facing my fears, my giants, my strongholds, and a child of God does not have a heart of fear. He gives you a heart that is whole worthy, filled with good fruit, His wisdom, and Truth. Anxiety, if I had to describe it in one word, it'd be lies. That's a post for another time.  I know in my heart of hearts that "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" ~ Philippians 4:13, one of my life verses. So back to the quote from the movie: "You doubt your value; don't run from who you are! A noble warrior does not run from fear! You've got an extraordinary destiny, something greater than you could have imagined! You have returned for a reason, your adventure begins now!" YOUR adventure begins NOW...how are you living your life? Are you living in fear? Or are you living in Truth, a Truth that can set you free?  

No comments:

Post a Comment